Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation- Coco Cay, Bahamas



We're home and glad to be. We did have an amazing vacation in the Bahamas and wish to return one day. This was our 2nd cruise and very different from the first, 3 years ago. It was much better! The first cruise was 7 days, too long for us, because you spend half the time just traveling. This cruise was just 3 days and we spent 2 whole days in the Bahamas. I could have done a few more days if there would have been stops. Getting on and off the ship was so much nicer and more organized this time. There were the needed security checks that are annoying, but I don't mind, because I knew that we would be safe for the most part. There was even a drug sniffing dog going around everyone on the way off the ship. I thought that was really cool! I wonder if he smelled my Reese's Cups I snuck on the ship and off! Saturday, we stopped at Coco Cay, an island owned by Royal Caribbean and we went on an amazing wave runner guide. It was an adventurous hour ride, full throttle, that made it very fast! The water was breathtaking and went from dark blue, to turquoise, and to clear. I got to kiss a starfish taken right from the ocean floor for good luck. I actually jumped off to swim in this area, but we were told to quickly get back on because sharks were near! Yikes! I didn't bring my camera out and wish I had. We were somewhere out in the Bermuda Triangle and I am happy to say we survived! I snorkeled off the island after we got back and took many pictures under water that I need to get developed so I can show. Here are a few pictures of Coco Cay! I'll blog about Nassau and the ship in the next few post.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! And every girl needs a secret chocolate stash!! Reeses would have been my choice too. :)

Sweet Memories said...

Gorgeous pictures Carey!!!!. I'm so happy to hear you had a great time.
God bless you and Robert,

Kari