Sunday, September 28, 2008

Amazing

The word Amazing/Amazed has been a huge word this week for me. I guess having lots of quiet time the last 2 weeks, while working on the house, I've had time to think and pray. I've opened my eyes to things around me and have noticed amazing things. I pray that my heart stays this way. The first week home cleaning out the house and being in panic mode, my life was centered around my damaged house. After the mattress incident my life has been changed. I know that sounds funny, but out of all this devastation to my city, I really can see the beauty. Here are my AMAZING views:

This weather has been great for drying out the house- AMAZING
The co-workers and friends that called and checked on me before we returned home to BC- AMAZING
Nicole for helping me clean out my house- AMAZING
Nicole offering me her classroom couch- AMAZING (still don't want it! :))
Katy calling me several times checking on me before going home when her plate is so full- AMAZING
Being off work for a week so I could get my life together- AMAZING
FEMA passing out goods to people- AMAZING
Red Cross talking to people and passing out goods- AMAZING
Our church didn't have any water in it- AMAZING
Red Cross stopping at my driveway on Thurs. telling us to take a lunch break and giving us a hot meal- AMAZING
Our insurance adjuster coming out Friday- AMAZING
Our adjuster being very nice- AMAZING
My husband crying as he showed the adjuster the damaged baby crib that has never been used- AMAZING
Troy surgery going so well- AMAZING
Katy's strength- AMAZING
A very special card in my mail box at work with an AMAZING gift.
The substitute in my classroom for last week did an AMAZING job.
The text messages I get everyday asking how I'm doing- AMAZING
Red Lobster last night and getting away- AMAZING
The damaged churches I passed this morning on my way into BC having service outside- AMAZING
Donating clothes to BC teachers that lost everything- AMAZING
Having fun cleaning out Robert's clothes that are so old- AMAZING
Mrs. Colleti that organized the clothing drive- AMAZING
The line of cars that were lined up to donate- AMAZING
Broccoli and cheese soup from Chili's to Go today- AMAZING
The free Snoee the lady gave me at ExxonMobil today in BC- AMAZING
Robert bleaching the floors in the house today- AMAZING
Having a day off today- AMAZING

Thank you Lord for showing me your amazing beauty!

No comments: