Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bahama Mama

We finally scheduled our July vacation...just 18 days until we leave. Talk about cutting it close. I wanted to go somewhere tropical and fly there, not drive. I had tubes put in my ears last year so we could fly to Russia. Since Russia is a no go, I still have tubes and my ears are ready to fly. I can't see me keeping these things in my ears much longer, because I can't swim, without ear plugs...that means no underwater for me and I have to put the ear plugs in every time I take a shower. It's just inconvenient and since we don't travel much and hardly ever fly...this may be my one and only time to try them out. Where are we going? We will be flying to Miami, FL, stay the night, and cruise out of Miami to the Bahamas. We spend 2 days there, sail back home, for a short 3 day cruise. We did the 7 day cruise for our honeymoon and it was way too long. We spent so much time traveling and not as much time getting off the boat. I've always wanted to go to the Bahamas, and this way it will be cheaper to go by cruise ship, considering we won't be driving around the island, and we can eat on the ship. It's just a short 5 day trip, but I think it will be fun. Robert doesn't care, as long as we are together. Awww... We love to snorkel and even bought snorkel gear after we came home from the honeymoon. We've yet to use them, so they are going to the Bahamas, too. Unfortunately my ear plugs are going, too. I'll be snorkeling with them. I had special swimming ones custom made to my ears, and I can't hear a thing with them in! Need to loose some weight soon, because that cruise ship breakfast buffet is the best and I know I'll need the room.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm jealous! You're going to have so much fun. Tell us all about it when you get home!

Anthony and Kari said...

You are both going to love Bahamas. We went there for our honeymoon and fell in love with the emerald color ocean!. Enjoy and take many pictures to post in your blog!!!!!!.