Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav


This past weekend we evacuated for yet another hurricane. It's a very normal thing this time of year in SE Texas. The mandatory evacuation was Sunday morning and we left Saturday evening before the traffic got bad. We are so thankful that we didn't take a direct hit from Gustav. We were headed from the lake to our next stop in NE Texas, and decided Monday morning that since our home wasn't taking a hit and the weather would be bad where we were staying, we came home early yesterday. It's so good to be home! I didn't put the boxes of pictures away yet, because there are 3 other systems/storms out there. I hope and pray they stay away, too!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I still have all my pictures packed, too. I think I'll wait until beginning to mid October before I unpack them. I was so glad to hear Greg Bostwick say tonight that he didn't think Ike would come into the Gulf!