Friday, May 16, 2008

Dog overboard!

Okay.. no big fish yet, but I did have an eventful few hours. We made it to the lake about 2:00 and decided to put the boat in about 4:30. I launched Robert and the boat and waited for him to get back to the camp. 10 minutes went by and I figured something was wrong with the boat. I got back in the truck with the trailer and headed back down to the boat launch. No Robert or boat in sight. I go back to the camp hoping to see him and still no Robert. I start to get really worried so I run in and put on my tennis shoes and start searching the shore line. It's just a few minute boat drive from the launch to the camp and I figured I would see him. I looked everywhere even past the camp in case he decided to go fishing for some weird reason. I walk back to the camp and still no Robert. I start to panic and I'm in tears. I called my mom and ask her what to do. Robert is out on the lake and I don't know where he's at. I know he's not anywhere near our camp. The sun is starting to go down, I'm 2 hours from family, and no one is up here at their camps this weekend. PANIC! Mom said to go back down the shore line and as I started out, an hour after launching the boat, Robert drives up. I was mad to say the least! I won't say how mad I was because I do have a temper side to me that rarely comes out, but I did apologize. He got lost on the lake and didn't take the turn in the boat lanes to the camp. He knew I was worried and I'm sure he was worried too. He was lost for an hour and I had no idea where my husband was!

We decided to go try some fishing for about an hour before the sun went down. Current score- Robert- 1 1/2 (because perch don't count for a whole point) Carey- 0 We took Abby (the dog) with us because it was cool outside and she likes to ride in the boat. The sun was going down and we decided to go back to the camp. I was driving slowly, because we were just around the corner from the camp, and Abby decided to bail out! I cut the engine off and my poor baby was paddling for us. I wanted to jump in to save her, but Robert reminded me that she is a dog and she can swim. She does love to get in the water, but always stays where she can touch. She got to swim in the deep part today! We backed up and I pulled her wet self up in the boat and she soaked us both down with the dog shake they all do when they're wet! I called my parents to tell them about what happened and they told us to just come home and stay away from water. LOL! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little calmer. This made for a great post, didn't it?

1 comment:

Anthony and Kari said...

Sorry to hear Robert got lost.
That made a great post. Although I read it super fast to get to the end and find out what happened.

We missed you!.